Full-Time – Berlin
Electric car sharing has the potential to change our cities for the better. It’s something we believe in, and we’re kicking off with WeShare and 2,000 electric cars in Berlin this year. We want to develop and improve personal mobility in urban areas around the world to contribute to making cities quieter, cleaner, and ready for the future. These are ambitious goals and we can’t wait to get to work. As a member of the Volkswagen family, we have the resources to effect real change, and we’re looking for people who can bring enthusiasm and curiosity to our journey along this path.
We offer you ample freedom for your own initiative and a high level of individual responsibility. Flexible working hours, mobile work, 30 days’ annual leave and a competitive salary go hand in hand with this, for example. And of course, you’ll get your own mobility budget too, so you can use our and other mobility services to get around Berlin.
If you work for us, then you’re the expert in your area. We cultivate a “no rank, no title” culture. This way, we avoid internal politics and work together as equals. Regardless of how much experience you have, where you come from and what your specialisation is, at Urban Mobility International you’ll work with professional, ambitious people who are passionate about the job and our mission, yet like to keep things relaxed.
Your upcoming projects
- Design and develop the frontend of our mobile apps for Android for our brand-new mobility services
- Closely work with our cross-functional product teams in the full life-cycle of our product, from early prototypes to full deployment
- Develop clean, safe and reusable code and promote excellent software engineering practices
- You build it, you run it
- Closely collaborate with all other colleagues in a cross functional spirit
- You have successfully built multiple B2C native mobile apps for Android and have at least 3+ years of experience in a professional app development environment
- You’re an expert in native programming for Android (Kotlin, Java)
- You are familiar with Firebase and backend technologies (Node JS)
- You have a proven record of working in strong cross-functional teams to bring innovative, user-centric apps to market
- You would consider yourself a T-shaped developer
- You are experienced with micro service and event-driven serverless computing
- You’re eager to try out new technologies to create the best digital products
- Your English is fluent and your teamwork is excellent
What we can offer you