Full-Time – Berlin
Electric car sharing has the potential to change our cities for the better. It’s something we believe in, and we’re kicking off with WeShare and 2,000 electric cars in Berlin this year. We want to develop and improve personal mobility in urban areas around the world to contribute to making cities quieter, cleaner, and ready for the future. These are ambitious goals and we can’t wait to get to work. As a member of the Volkswagen family, we have the resources to effect real change, and we’re looking for people who can bring enthusiasm and curiosity to our journey along this path.
We offer you ample freedom for your own initiative and a high level of individual responsibility. Flexible working hours, mobile work, 30 days’ annual leave and a competitive salary go hand in hand with this, for example. And of course, you’ll get your own mobility budget too, so you can use our and other mobility services to get around Berlin.
If you work for us, then you’re the expert in your area. We cultivate a “no rank, no title” culture. This way, we avoid internal politics to work together as equals. Regardless of how much experience you have, where you come from and what your specialisation is, at Urban Mobility International you’ll work with professional, ambitious people who are passionate about the job and our mission, yet like to keep things relaxed.
Your upcoming projects
- Plan, design, implement and execute complex mobility solutions from configuration and testing to support of the developed solutions.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving the right decisions and qualifying specific opportunities technically
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for storage solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery and archiving
- Manage the integration of connected hardware, service backend and customer frontend successfully
- Hold full responsibility for the functionality of our mobility services and the links between all components
- Defining and identifying IT projects in the coming quarters by acting as a trusted advisor to different stakeholders (such as Product, Engineering, Management)
- You have successfully realized a mobile mobility service (or similar) from a technical perspective
- You have great technical understanding of new-mobility related mechatronics, electronics and software architecture, especially API management and the interaction between hardware and software
- You are familiar with micro services and event-driven serverless computing
- You are able to document our architecture by using UML as a standard
- You are able to review and analyse our code and create proof of concepts for different ideas within the engineering team (e.g. new technologies, new ways of scaling our services)
- You follow architectural principles and adapt them to our way of working
- You have successfully built and enabled teams and will support the team with your hands-on experience
- You know your way around the tech start-up work environment
- You’re passionate about the future of mobility and current technology trends in the sphere
- You put the customer first in everything you do
- Your English is fluent, your stakeholder management is excellent and your ability to prioritize is outstanding
What we can offer you